Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You, The Living (Bob says 4 out of 4)

1. Did I enjoy it? YES
What a quirky movie! There are some films that are so absurd you can't help but laugh. The filmmakers did not do this by accident and it pays off. The film follows vignettes of different characters, all self-absorbed and depressed, but in such a ridiculous way it's comical. There's also plenty of dreams and randomness in this movie; most of these scenes you have to watch to see why they're funny. I haven't described a plot here because there isn't one, just a series of sketches of different people. I hadn't seen any Swedish black comedies before this one, but it's certainly been a promising introduction.

2. Would I watch it again? YES
I watched this movie alone and laughed. I'm curious what an audience would think. Not your typical film, but in this case, that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment