Friday, January 1, 2010

I Love You, Man (Bob says 4 out of 4)

1. Did I enjoy it? YES
I have always been a person who prefers to have a few really close friends rather than a lot of friends I'm not that close to. And so I can identify with Peter Klaven, who realizes after getting engaged that he has very few friends to pick from when attempting to determine who will be his best man. In fact, aside from his own family, Peter has no guy friends. And so Peter begins a hilarious mission to go on man dates to see if there are any guys he can connect with. Some of them think he's gay, some don't like him and some make annoying seem like a complement. Then he meets Sydney Fife, played by Jason Segel. It seems like a perfect match, but could it be too good? This is a terrific movie, with a lot of great laughs. Screenwriters John Hamburg and Larry Levin have the male dialogue spot on, and it was great to see Lou Ferrigno in a small role playing a version of himself.

2. Would I watch it again? YES
Jason Segel has had back to back years in which he's been in some very funny films. This movie did not have quite as many belly laughs as Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I almost like it better as a film. But nevermind, both movies are great and movies I definitely wouldn't mind seeing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment