Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trucker (Bob says 3 out of 4)

1. Did I enjoy it? YES
It's indie films like this that I just eat up. Michelle Monaghan plays Diane Ford, an independent truck driver who enjoys one night stands with men and drinking all night with her friend Runner (now there's a role reversal for ya.) Suddenly, her estranged eleven year-old son Peter is dropped at her doorstep. Diane is not interested in bonding with Peter, but is forced to take care of him while his dad's in the hospital. What could have been a movie fit only for Lifetime and the Hallmark Channel is raised to greatness by some great performances and a smart script by James Mottern. Nathan Fillion, who I enjoyed watching in the Firefly series, gives a strong supporting performance as Diane's neighbor who would prefer to be more than just a buddy to Diane.

2. Would I watch it again? MAYBE
The story is fairly simple, but the feel of this movie really sucked me into this world. I just might see it again if the mood strikes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment