Monday, May 18, 2009

State of Play (Bob says 1 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy it? YES
Who doesn't like a good whodunit mystery? A film like this has the power to draw you in as you attempt to solve the crime before the main characters do (or at least at the same time). I'll fess up and admit I watched quite a few Murder She Wrote episodes when that show was on television. But I was always frustrated because Jessica Fletcher always seemed to put pieces together that I could never pick up on the first viewing. This film has a great twist ending that is neither too difficult to figure out nor so easy that Elmer Fudd could tell you the answer.

2. Would I watch it again? NO
It wouldn't be painful to see this film again, but now that the mystery is solved, the surprises are gone. Russell Crowe is good in this movie, but I would probably watch The Insider or A Beautiful Mind before this film. For those films, surprises aren't necessary for the viewer to want a second helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment