Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trek (Bob says 2 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy it? YES
I was very skeptical whether or not I would like this film. And to be honest, I did not love it as some other Trekkies I saw it with did. But I did like it enough to recommend it. The film looks great and you can tell that the director did not half-ass any of this creation. It was a thrill to see Leonard Nimoy as Spock again, and he has the best performance in the movie. The question is, is the "reboot" idea of Star Trek the best direction for the franchise to take? I would still like to see another film with the Next Generation crew or perhaps one with the characters from Deep Space Nine. But, this film does fairly well with the task it was given, to tell an alternate universe story of how the Original Series crew got together.

2. Would I watch it again? YES
I own all the Star Trek films, and will be adding this to that collection. Having said that, would I watch it again if this was not the case? Yes, I believe I would. This film makes a huge impact on the franchise's direction, so it is guaranteed multiple viewings by anyone who cares about Trek or likes this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment