Friday, November 6, 2009

Monsters vs. Aliens (Bob says 1 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy it? NO
Unfortunately, I am not the proper audience for this film. Kids will love the movie and its unique looking cast of characters. Monsters vs. Aliens is not a bad film, the dialogue is amusing at times and the plot is about average. Unfortunately, there isn't much attempt to give this movie any heart or love for the characters, which Up did so well. I didn't find myself caring that much about what happened in the story or the characters within it.

2. Would I watch it again? YES
This movie was meant to be watched in a 3-D movie theater, whereas I watched it on my TV at home. If I saw it in that capacity, perhaps the striking visuals would make the movie more exciting for me. I will say that I learned the Purple People Eater song through this film, which I will proudly play each Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment