Monday, October 12, 2009

Away We Go (Bob says 1 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy it? YES
John Krasinski from The Office teams up with SNL alum Maya Rudolph as Burt and Verona in this independent dramedy. The couple is thinking of relocating after Burt's parents announce they are moving overseas. With a baby on the way, the couple travels across the country visiting friends, family and old co-workers trying to figure out what setting and group of people they'd like to live the closest to. The answer could be none of the above. I enjoyed this film and its independent feel. Plenty of strange characters along the way, some really funny parts and a very sad moment near the end when Burt realizes his niece is going to grow up without a mother.

2. Would I watch it again? NO
Unless asked by someone else who hadn't seen it yet, this is probably just a one-time rental for me. Krasinski is a great actor and I look forward to his future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment