Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bruno (Bob says 0 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy this film? NO
There is a scene which I found amusing in this film. Bruno is trying to get two Middle Eastern leaders to make peace. He takes both of their hands and begins singing a song. Now that is funny. A few parts I let out some laughs due to embarrassment rather than really enjoying what I saw. However, 95% of the film I found so offensive, so inappropriate, that for me it has to go down as one of the worst films I have ever seen. There is one movie, Silent Night Deadly Night, which I despised more. Barely. That was because there is a scene with a man dressed in a Santa Claus suit who pulls a car over, kills the driver, then takes the driver's wife, strips her, rapes her and stabs her brutally in front of the woman's children. Absolute crap. This film has a scene just as bothersome to me. Bruno has decided to become a heterosexual and decides to go see a minister who specializes in counseling men who struggle with same sex attractions. At one point, the minister gives a straight forward invitation for Bruno to accept Jesus as his personal Savior. Bruno responds by saying the minister's lips would be great for giving a man oral sex. What a slap in the face to myself, Christians around the world, and ultimately to God. As I was sitting in the theatre, I was reminded of Ephesians 5:3-4, which says, "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving." Writer and actor Sacha Baron Cohen creates material intended to generate laughs through offensiveness with his body of work. With this film, all does is offend.

2. Would I watch it again? NO
It was even a mistake not to walk out the first time when I knew the line had been crossed. This film is the leading candidate for the worst film of 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment