Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Duplicity (Bob says 1 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy it? NO
Definitely the most confusing film I've seen this year. Julia Roberts and Clive Owen have some chemistry, by it was hard for me to care about that when I was trying to figure out the basic background and plot of the story. The film jumps frequently into different points in time, and a story told in non-linear fashion is fine as long as the audience can eventually catch up to what is going on. For me, revelations revealed were too little too late. In the end, we find the Owen and Roberts' characters both got screwed, but that realization mattered little to me, I was still puzzled.

2. Would I watch it again? YES
Perhaps I would pick up more watching it a second time around. And I suppose if somebody owned it and wanted to watch it with me, I'd oblige them. Then again, I have a lot of other things to do. Or if I don't, I'll think of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment