Friday, February 13, 2009

Jason's Nine in 09!, being a simple list of the nine movies Jason is most anticipating in this new year.

9. $9.99
It's stop-motion and that is enough for me.
8. Land of the Lost
I know it is going to be horrible but I am a sucker for dinosaurs. Especially when that dinosaur tries to eat Will Ferrell's asshole persona.
7. Astro-boy
I saw the trailer and immedietely wanted to dance. Dance the running man. But on a serious note, I loved Tezuka's Astro-boy stories and am exciteted to see what the filmmakers do with the character.
6. Where the Wild Things Are
The guy who made the Buddy Holly and Sabotage music videos, two of my favorites, is adapting one of my favorite children's books. I'm there.
5. Inglorious Basterds
I wanted to put a different movie here but my mind keeps coming back. A black hole it is. A voilent nazi killing...Can Tarrantino be called Tarintinoesque? Can the originator imitate his style to the point where his imitation is as good as his genuine effort?
4. Up
There is something to be said for honest joy and whimsy.
3. Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen
Wouldn't it be cool if Grimlock showed up. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL! And speaking of cool, did you ever see that episode of GI Joe where Sci-fi was watching Transformers.
2. Mystery Team
Could Encyclopedia Brown solve a double homicide. Sure but what about the cheap knock offs?
1. Watchmen!!!!!
Words fail me, but not Shakespeare. That guy wrote a lot of plays.

Love
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment