Friday, July 10, 2009

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Bob says 0 out of 2)

1. Did I enjoy it? NO
I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the first Transformers movie, not having watched the previous incarnations growing up. I did have a transformer action figure or two, which were pretty cool. There were portions of this film that I liked. Optimus Prime returns, and he's an awesome character and leader. I would have liked to have seen him more than he appeared this time out. The special effects are also first rate, but the amount of explosions and action sequences are overkilled here. One of the main problems is the movie is too long. It could easily have been condensed into a 90 minute feature that would have been fine. They also needed to cut out a lot of annoying characters, especially Sam's mother and Leo, his college roommate. Leo has no purpose in this movie except to scream like a girl and make Sam look better than him. The mom character is terrible, Sam would be better off if he was only raised by his dad. The story is pretty cliche too, I'd stick to the first film and forget about this one. Not all good movies should be given a sequel. Most are better off on their own.

2. Would I watch it again? NO
I was pretty bored watching this movie, glancing at my watch often. There's a lot happening on screen, but very little substance. And yet, it's doing well at the box office. I guess this is catered to people who like effects movie that make you go "ooo" and "ahh." I prefer going to the Fourth of July fireworks for that sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment