Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wolfman or Jason joins in the screaming.

1. Did I enjoy the movie? YES
Almost as enjoyable as the decidedly Gothic setting of the film was the man behind me shouting at the screen. As if the characters could hear his warning. As if in some metaplot twist actually comprehend his warnings and violate the narrative course of events. As if I could help myself and avoid joining in.
2. Would I watch it again? MAYBE
 I really enjoyed this movie with its dark Gothic landscape, characters who chew their dialogue more than deliver it, and unbridled gore, I do not know if I would enjoy it a second time. Part of the fun of a movie like this is seeing it with a crowd. Everybody starts to get pulled in, screaming and yelling at the screen, that it becomes a communal event. There is a power in that moment of inter-connectivity. Sitting on my couch by myself...not so much. Even if it is Blu-ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment